This past week I played with the Tropical Oasis suite. I love the vibrant, vintage look of this set. And who doesn't love that magnificent pineapple die?! For today's project, I decided to try a more pastel color approach with this elegant Hibiscus gate-fold card.
The embossed Coastal Weave layer is attached to the upper half of the card so it can be opened to write your note.
Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends provide color and depth to the hibiscus flower.
Just one of several great sentiments in the Timeless Tropical stamp set. And, of course, a little bling with Rhinestones to add some birthday sparkle.
The hibiscus on the inside of the card was created using the "masking" technique. The best way to learn this fun technique is to watch Stampin' Up!'s video tutorial. However, below are pictures of how I did the masking for this particular card.
First, I stamped the hibiscus in the corner of the card then again on a post-it note. I closely cut around the edges of the image from the post-it note.
Next, I taped the cut out flower directly over the stamped image, using Washi tape to hold it in place. I then stamped the leaf where I wanted it positioned. Tip: make sure to put a little extra pressure on your stamp that is close to the post-it note edge since it will sit up a smidge higher.
Remove the post-it note to reveal your beautiful image!
"Make It" Instructions
- Cut a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2” piece of Flirty Flamingo cardstock. Score and fold on long side at 2-1/8" and 6-3/8" to create card base.
- Adhere two 1-7/8" x 5-1/4" strips of flamingo paper from the Tropical Oasis DSP on the front panels.
- Die cut a large scalloped rectangle from Stitched So Sweetly dies in Petal Pink cardstock.
- Emboss rectangle with Coastal Weave embossing folder.
- Adhere only the upper half of the embossed rectangle to card front.
- Stamp (Old Olive ink) sentiment on a 1" x 3" strip of Whisper White cardstock. Angle cut right end and adhere on right side of rectangle layer.
- Stamp (Calypso Coral ink) hibiscus flower on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and color in with Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Blends.
- Stamp (Shaded Spruce ink) 2 leaves on Old Olive cardstock.
- Die cut flower and leaves with In The Tropics dies.
- Adhere flower to left side of rectangle layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere leaves under flower.
- Embellish front with Rhinestones.
- Use masking technique above to stamp hibiscus in lower right corner of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock. Color in with Light/Dark Flirty Flamingo and Light/Dark Old Olive Stampin' Blends.
Shop these and other Tropical Oasis products in my online store. Use January's Host Code: CJQJG7H9 with your order of $35 or more to receive a handmade card from me. Your order is greatly appreciated!