This week I wanted to surprise you with a sneak peek of the new Parisian Blossoms product suite coming in the Spring Mini catalog (January 2020). For this week's Make It Monday project I knew I had to use the beautiful Parisian Blossoms DSP to make a gift bag. The bag was inspired by my good Stampin' Up! friend Antoinette Bay @ www.thepaperpapillon.com. She made a stunningly beautiful, larger version of this bag using the Magnolia Lane DSP.
Because I wanted to use up some smaller pieces, I adapted her bag size to one that measures 5-1/2"x2"x6" when finished. However, I provided the quick measurements on how to make Antoinette's larger bag in the instructions below.
The DSP and Parisian dies in this suite are stunning!
So many beautiful subtle colors with pops of silver foil accents!
"Make It" Instructions
Note: The pictures below are from the Brightly Gleaming DSP which is currently not available but returning in Fall 2020.
- Cut a 9-1/2” x 9-1/2” piece of Parisian Blossoms DSP.
- Noting top that will fold over in a later step, position the DSP on the score board and score at 2” and 7-1/2” to form the sides.
- Rotate DSP 90 degrees (top against left edge) and score at 1-1/2” and 7-1/2”.
- Fold over and adhere top flap on each panel so desired pattern is showing on front.
- Cut out bottom corner squares off one panel.
- Cut horizontally along score lines on other panel to create bottom flaps.
- Adhere a 2” x 5-1/2” scrap piece of cardboard to bottom of one panel for stability.
- Overlap panels and adhere together.
- Fold up and adhere flaps to form bag.
- Punch 2 small holes on each side of top flap and string through a 12” piece of Petal Pink Ribbon on each side to create handles.
- Die cut a stitched label from Stitched Nested Labels dies (largest) in Basic Gray cardstock.
- Die cut a stitched label from Stitched Nested Labels dies (2nd largest) in script print Parisian Blossoms DSP. Adhere to Basic Gray label with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use grommet tool to punch hole and add a gray eyelet to top of tag. Add Petal Pink Organdy Ribbon and tie off with Whisper White Baker's Twine.
- Die cut the Eiffel Tower from Parisian dies in Silver Foil and adhere on tag.
- Embellish Eiffel Tower with Champagne Rhinestones.
- Stamp sentiment "Life is a magnificent adventure" on a 3/4" x 3-1/2" piece of Whisper White cardstock in Basic Gray ink. Angle cut ends to match sides of tag.
- Adhere tag to front of bag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Pull out your pretty paper to make your own version of this great bag for holiday, birthday, or just because gift-giving!