Here is a birthday card I made for a friend of mine who has a birthday coming up. For this card, I used the Magnolia Lane DSP and Magnolia Blooms stamp set. Can't find this stamp set in the annual catalog? Nope, it's not in there. It's in our new Experience Creativity brochure for novice stampers. I love how this stamp set makes an awesome companion to the rest of the Magnolia Lane suite.
I punched out some leaves with the Leaf Punch and added a twine and organdy bow for accents.
Ideally, I had hoped to use the Corrugated 3D embossing folder, but it is currently out of stock. Instead, I went old school and pulled out my crimper. Not as easy to control the lines, but got the job done. :-)
I stamped a flower from the stamp set to add a little elegance inside the card.
Here are just some of the other projects I've done using the Magnolia Lane suite. So many beautiful uses for this product!
- Cut a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock. Score and fold in half to create card base.
- Cut a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Petal Pink cardstock and emboss with Corrugated embossing folder (or crimp). Adhere to front of card base.
- Cut a 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" piece of Magnolia Lane DSP. Cut a wedge at one end to create a banner. Adhere banner to Petal Pink layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Die cut a large circle (2nd largest) from Stitched Shapes dies in Mossy Meadow cardstock. Adhere to banner.
- Wrap a 24" piece of Linen Thread around the banner/circle and tie off with bow on right side.
- Stamp sentiment from Magnolia Blooms stamp set on a Whisper White punched out Everyday Label in Mossy Meadow ink. Adhere to circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add 5/8" Petal Pink Organdy bow over Linen Thread bow with Glue Dots.
- Stamp large flower from Magnolia Blooms stamp in lower right corner of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock in Petal Pink ink. Adhere inside card.
- Finish front of card with a little bit of Rhinestones bling.
Holiday catalog launches on September 4, 2019. How can I help make your holiday paper crafting brighter? Just email me with your name and address if you need a Holiday catalog to shop.
Local in San Antonio, TX? Come join the fun for a Holiday Catalog Kickoff: Halloween Happenings event. We'll have cookies and cider while we make some spooky Halloween Make & Take projects.
Holiday Catalog Kickoff: Halloween Happenings
Thursday, September 5, 2019
NW San Antonio
Advance registration required. Click here for more information and to register. Limited spots available.
Post a Comment