Stampin' Up!'s premade Mini Shipping Box was right up my alley for this week's Make It Monday project. A little bit of premade with a splash of creative design. The nautical design idea for this box design came from Sue Campfield.
I made several of these boxes for the class participants of my Come Sail Away Home Decor class earlier this month. Inside each box were some embellishments and Lifesavers candies.
Here are the Mini Shipping Boxes with the Stampin' Up! logo on each side. I just wrapped a long strip of the Come Sail Away DSP around the box to form a belly band. (The boxes in this picture show sealed with Stampin' Up! washi tape. The DSP belly band was enough to keep the boxes closed, though.)
I added some Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine on the die-cut ship's wheel for embellishment.
The sailboat and sentiment were stamped from the Sailing Home stamp set and cut with the Smooth Sailing dies.
- Assemble Stampin’ Up! Mini Shipping Box. Add items inside.
- Wrap a 2-3/8” x 12” strip of Come Sail Away DSP around box, adhering ends together at front (seam will be covered in later step). Make sure to only adhere ends to each other and not to box so the belly band can be slipped off to access contents.
- Die cut a stitched nested label (2nd largest) from Stitched Nested Labels dies in Night of Navy cardstock. Adhere to belly band with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut a stitched nested label one size down (3rd largest) from Stitched Nested Labels dies in navy printed Come Sail Away DSP. Adhere to Night of Navy stitched nested layer.
- Stamp “Thanks” sentiment from Sailing Home stamp set in Night of Navy ink and die cut with banner from Smooth Sailing dies. Adhere toward top center of nested label layers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp small sailboat from Sailing Home stamp set in Night of Navy ink and die cut with small sailboat from Smooth Sailing dies. Adhere sailboat to lower right of sentiment banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut a ship’s wheel with Silver Foil cardstock. Adhere to left of sailboat with Mini Dimensional.
- Adhere Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Twine bow to ship’s wheel with a Glue Dot.
Holiday Catalog Kickoff: Halloween Happenings
Thursday, September 5, 2019
NW San Antonio
Advance registration required. Click here for more information and to register. Limited spots available.