For today's project, I'm using the Free as a Bird stamp set with coordinating Nested Labels dies and Petal Pink Organdy ribbon.
Here is a close-up of the Nested Labels dies and 5/8" Petal Pink Organdy Ribbon. This beautiful shimmery ribbon adds a delicate touch and is surprisingly easy to work with.
I colored in the birds and branch with Stampin' Blends to coordinate with the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper.
I added some images to carry the beauty of this stamp set inside the card.
To cover where the bird and branch met, I added a small flower from the stamp set that I colored and fussy cut.
Create Your Own
- Fold a 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Pool Party cardstock in half to create your card base.
- Stamp sentiment from Free as a Bird stamp set in Black Memento ink in the lower right corner of card front.
- Adhere a 1/2" x 5-1/2" strip of So Saffron cardstock to the back of a 3-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Bird Ballad DSP, allowing a little of the So Saffron to show on the bottom for contrasting color.
- Adhere the Bird Ballad layer to the top of the card front.
- Stamp birds sitting on branch from Free as a Bird stamp set on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and color in with Stampin' Blends.
- Die cut birds out with a large Nested Labels die (I used 2nd largest). Adhere to a larger Nested Labels die cut in Pool Party cardstock (I used largest die).
- Adhere the Nested Labels bird layer to the DSP.
- Add 5/8" Petal Pink Organdy ribbon bow to card.
- Stamp branches and bird from Free as a Bird stamp set along lower border of card interior.
- Stamp, color with Blends, and fussy cut out a small flower from the Free as a Bird stamp set and adhere where bird and branch meet.
Check out the new 2019-20 Annual catalog when it goes live on June 4th to order these products!
Can't wait that long to get your hands on these crafting gems? Check out my page to join Stampin' Up!® and my team Simply Sweet Stampers. One of the many perks of being a demonstrator is getting to pre-order select items from the new catalogs.