At my Envelope Punch Board class this past Saturday we learned a variety of ways to use this awesome crafting tool. The tutorial of the class is available in my PDF Store.
With only 2 weeks left before these products retire, I thought it would make a nice farewell to do a treat pouch using the Envelope Punch Board (EPB) and How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper (DSP). I was inspired by my friend Heather Guerrero's (Stamping with Heather) treat pouch idea using the EPB.
I used the EPB for the pouch base. For the candy jar, I fussy (manually) cut it out from one of the sheets of DSP. The pink twine was a retired scrap I had leftover in my ribbon bin.
As a paper crafter I often end up with leftover or extra pieces from a project. I like to save these pieces in full size Stamp Cases and use them for projects, so I'm not re-cutting more duplicates. I keep one case for basic shapes and another for detailed die-cuts.
For this project, I reached into my handy Stamp Case and used the Bermuda Bay scalloped oval and stitched vellum circle.
Here is Heather's adorable treat pouch that was my inspiration for today's project. She used the Tropical Escape Suite of products. While the stamp set and dies are carrying over to the new catalog, the Tropical Escape DSP is sadly retiring.
Create Your Own
- Cut a 4-1/2” x 5-1/2” piece of How Sweet It Is DSP.
- Score along short side at 1-1/4” and 3-3/8”.
- Fold and adhere at back seam
- Adhere and crimp bottom.
- Using Envelope Punch Board, punch top at 1” on each side.
- Die cut a scalloped oval in Bermuda Bay cardstock using the Layering Ovals dies (I used 3rd largest die). Adhere to front of treat pouch with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Die cut a stitched circle in Vellum using the Stitched Shapes dies (I used 2nd smallest die). Adhere to scalloped oval. TIP: make a vertical adhesive strip in middle of vellum so it is hidden behind the candy jar in the next step.
- Die cut candy jar using the Jar of Sweets dies or fussy cut out candy jar from the How Sweet It Is DSP. Adhere to vellum layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment of your choice in Melon Mambo ink on a 3/4" x 2-1/8" strip of Whisper White cardstock (I used Thank You sentiment from the Tropical Chic stamp set). Adhere toward bottom of treat pouch.
- Add Rhinestones or other accents to vellum circle (I used some clear droplets leftover from a past Paper Pumpkin kit).
- Add treat inside pouch and tie off with ribbon or twine.