We'll be making this as one of our projects at our Simply Sweet Stampers team meeting this week.
The ladybug can be flattened for mailing.
This simple card takes just minutes to make. I started by precutting all my materials which included 3 scalloped Real Red circles, a Basic Black 1-1/2" circle, and 12 small 1/2" Basic Black circles.
I scored each of the Real Red scalloped circles in half.
Next, I adhered 2 of the Real Red scalloped circles together on one side.
Then I added the remaining circle on one side only again so the circles "fanned" out.
To create the ladybug, I adhered the Basic Black pieces as shown then drew lines for the antenna.
Now It's Your Turn!
- Cut a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Basic Black cardstock and score in half to create your card base.
- Adhere a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Real Red cardstock on card base.
- Adhere a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White cardstock on Real Red layer.
- Die cut 3 medium scalloped circles from the Layering Circles dies (I used the 4th largest scalloped circle). Score each circle in half and adhere in a fan-like pattern as shown above.
- Punch out a 1-1/2" Basic Black circle and adhere to middle-left of Whisper White layer.
- Adhere the ladybug's Real Red body overlapping about half of the 1-1/2" Basic Black circle.
- Punch out 12 Basic Black 1/2" circles. Adhere 2 circles as antenna and randomly adhere the remaining circles as dots on the ladybug's body.
- Use a fine-tip black marker to draw lines to finish the ladybug's antenna.
- Stamp the sentiment "make me smile" from the Well Said stamp set in Black Memento ink on upper right of card.
- Die-cut the sentiment "You" from the Well Written dies in Real Red cardstock. Adhere sentiment above the words "make me smile".
- Stamp a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock along the bottom with dots from the Incredible Like You stamp set in Black Memento ink. Adhere to inside of card.