I added punched out butterflies from the Butterfly Duet punch (yay! back in stock!) and Gingham Gala sequins for accent.
To create the varied pattern, I used a technique called "stamping off". This involves stamping your image fully inked, then stamping again next to it so the resulting second image is lighter.
In the picture below, I stamped fully with Granny Apple Green ink then "stamped off" next to it for a lighter green color. For the bluebonnets, I used the same "stamping off" technique but opposite--full Night of Navy on light leaves, and "stamped off" Night of Navy on dark leaves.
Tip: Stamp and adhere your panels on each side before assembling box. This will allow you to put enough pressure on the panels to ensure proper adhesion.
Now It's Your Turn!
- Cut 2 panels measuring 1-7/8" x 1-7/8" and 2 panels measuring 1-7/8" x 3-7/8" in Night of Navy cardstock.
- Cut 2 panels measuring 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" and 2 panels measuring 1-3/4" x 3-3/4" in Whisper White cardstock.
- On the Whisper White panels, Stamp leaf stalks from Incredible Like You stamp set in Granny Apple Green using "stamping off" technique (described above).
- Stamp flowers from Incredible Like You stamp set in Night of Navy Ink using "stamping off" technique with opposite dark/light pattern on leaf stalks.
- Adhere stamped panels to Night of Navy panels, then adhere assembled panels onto Mini Gable Box.
- Stamp sentiment on the left side of a 3/4" x 3-3/4" strip of Whisper White cardstock. (I used the Thank You sentiment from Flourishing Phrases). Adhere strip to front panel.
- Assemble gable box.
- Punch out large and small butterfly with Butterfly Duet punch in Night of Navy cardstock.
- Adhere large butterfly to right side of sentiment strip and small butterfly randomly on slanted top of box.
- Add adhesive Gingham Gala sequins.
- Add Granny Apple Green ribbon bow to box handle with Glue Dots.
Upcoming event...April 27th (register by April 13th). See Calendar for details.